Buying a card for Father’s Day is an absolute must. However, we often grapple with what to write in it. Sure, we’re not mind readers, but it’s pretty obvious what everyone’s thinking before Sunday the 20th arrives: “hmm, what to write in a Father’s Day card”?
If you’re asking yourself this question, we’re here to help. We’ve listed our top tips on what memorable message to include in your card. After all, there’s no point handing one over with a simple note written inside; that would just be pointless! So, let’s dive in…
What to Put in a Father’s Day Card
What you put in your personalised Father’s Day card completely depends on the sort of relationship you have with your old man.
You might want to profess your undying gratitude for all he does for you, or make him belly laugh as he reads it. Either way, we have some grand suggestions for you to consider when you’re putting pen to paper for the 20th. Oh, and remember to order his card (and present) nice and early to ensure it arrives on time.
Father’s Day Messages to Bring on the Laughs
Do you and your pops love winding each other up with a bit of sarcastic banter? If so, you should definitely consider writing these types of messages in your Father’s Day card:
- “No one chugs a beer as fast as you, Dad. Happy Father’s Day, you’ll be hard to beat.”
- “Falling asleep during a film might be your speciality, but you’re a pretty good dad, too!”
- “You might be losing your hair, but you’re not losing your touch! Thanks for being a cracking dad.”
- “Sorry to break it to you, Dad, but Boney M’s ‘Daddy Cool’ wasn’t written about you…”
- “You say you don’t have a favourite child, but today is the test! Happy Father’s Day.”
Thoughtful Father’s Day Messages
If you’ll be going down the sentimental route, we’ve got you covered. We’d recommend writing something that really relates to your strong bond with your dad.
To let your appreciation shine through, here are some excellent examples for you to use:
- “Happy Father’s Day to the best dad going. This day doesn’t cut it; you deserve all 365!”
- “Dad, thanks for all that you do for me, year after year. Happy Father’s Day.”
- “I hope one day I can be as great as you are at being a dad, cheers to you.”
- “Happy Father’s Day, Dad. Let’s celebrate you today and every other day.”
- “You’re the world’s greatest dad. Thanks for being amazing (and an all-round legend).”
Find the Perfect Father’s Day Present
Now you know exactly what to write inside his Father’s Day card, it’s time you ordered a brilliant present to match.
Thankfully, we have quite the selection of beer gifts, spirit sets, mini-kegs and other interesting items to choose from. Remember to add a gift card to your order, too, so that you can put your new message writing skills to good use.
Check out our impressive Father’s Day collection and order your present, today – happy hunting!